Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader
The Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader is . Adults pay $2 and students $1 for admission. The admission cost will give them the code to play the first round on their smart device. Winners in the first round will come up to the stage for round 2. The winner of round 2 will play the students. There will be prizes for winners of each round. The proceeds will benefit the Beta trip to New Orleans in June. Everyone is able to participate.
Autism Awareness Month 2016
Did you know that 1 in 68 children are diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder? (CDC, March 2014)
On April 2nd, Autism Speaks celebrated “Light It Up Blue Day.” We will be celebrating “Light BGE Up Blue Day” on Wednesday, April 13th. On this day, we are asking for all of our students and staff to wear blue to support those who have been diagnosed with Autism.
RICHMOND FLYING SQUIRRELS GO NUTS FOR READING! PROGRAM
If you completed the Flying Squirrels Bookmark- Your ticket and a letter will be sent home on Monday, April 11th.
1. Our game is on Friday, April 15th at 7:05pm.
2. Please report to The Diamond by 6:00pm.
3. Students’ ticket vouchers will immediately let them into the game, but parents and families will need to purchase a ticket. It is strongly recommended that parents and families purchase a ticket ahead of time at www.squirrelsbaseball.com or by calling 804-359-3866, or through the school fundraiser if applicable.
4. Pre-Game Parade: Students may walk in a parade with Nutzy around the field before the game. All interested students & parents should line up inside the front gates at the bottom of the main steps by 6:15pm. Flying Squirrels staff will be available for directions and questions.
5. All tickets are general admission, and no seats are reserved. So, seats will be available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Our school will try to sit together in Section __206___. If there are no seats available in that section, feel free to sit elsewhere in the upper deck.
Congratulations to Mrs. Christine Pitts for being named BGE “Teacher of the Year”, Mrs. Jessica Pittman for being named “Novice Teacher of the Year”, and Mrs. Mallory Grant for being named “Support Staff of the Year. BGE thanks you for your hard work and dedication and congratulates you all on your accomplishments!